Version 1.9 of Local Tools is now available – we know, it’s been a while! A few highlights from this release:
- Reservations: the main feature in this release is a first pass at “reservations”. We’ll be updating the Administration Guide and posting instructions on how to enable and use reservations shortly.
- For those that can’t wait to try these features out, you need to enable them in both “Settings -> Organization Info” and enable reservations for each item status under “Settings -> Edit Statuses”.
- Email templates: Did you know you can edit the templates for loan reminders, new account confirmation messages, receipts and (now) reservations? We’ve made these templates easier to find – just head over to Settings -> Email Templates when logged in as an admin.
- Bug fixes: See the bolded items below for some of the fixes that a number of organizations have run into.
- Local Tools is now a service of myTurn. We formed myTurn to bring the advantages of “access over ownership” to a much wider audience — keep an eye out from some big announcements.
Our next couple releases will be coming out much faster and will be focusing on a combination of additional bug fixes and improved design/usability. As always, we’ll sneak some other improvements in as well.
RELEASE NOTES: v1.9
- [LEND-870] – Ampersands not properly encoded in Org name
- [LEND-871] – Button to save on “Edit User” says “Create”
- [LEND-880] – Payment history does not load for (some?) users
- [LEND-881] – Can’t upload an organization logo
- [LEND-896] – Need nice errors when required fields are missing
- [LEND-898] – Error when creating a new user
- [LEND-900] – Error when adding a new item to inventory
- [LEND-917] – Link to edit email reminder template causes an error
- [LEND-931] – Users cannot change their own password: it gives “There was a problem verifying your current password”
- [LEND-802] – Update description for full size image field
- [LEND-907] – Add links to additional file/image to item page
- [LEND-911] – Make sure we reindex when saving certain org settings
- [LEND-923] – Make organization email address mandatory
- [LEND-662] – Upgrade search engine
- Reservation Requests
- [LEND-909] – Add reservation button to search results and item page
- [LEND-910] – Add reservation-ability to Search Engine
- [LEND-929] – Hide “List Reservations” in admin navigation if org has reservations disabled.
- [LEND-836] – List of all pending reservations for an organization, with status
- [LEND-837] – List all of the reservations associated with an organization, regardless of the status
- [LEND-838] – List all the reservations associated with an item
- [LEND-839] – Implement “Next approved reservations, and next pending reservation, if and only if it’s before the next approved reservation, and after ‘now'”
- [LEND-840] – Workflow: Organization approves a reservation request
- [LEND-841] – Workflow: Organization rejects a request for a reservation
- [LEND-842] – Display the next approved reservation and the next pending reservation if it’s before the next approved reservation on the cart when a tool is added to the cart
- [LEND-843] – Offer a “reservation” button on the tool details page (and on the card?) when 1) the org supports reservations and 2) the user is logged in
- [LEND-844] – Workflow: put a “reservation” button on the tool details page (and on the card?) when the user isn’t logged in; the button takes them to a login/register page, then to the reservation page.
- [LEND-850] – Add a tool status indicator to flag items as unavailable for reservations.
- [LEND-851] – Workflow: User requests a reservation for a tool
- [LEND-835] – Verify that when an organization doesn’t allow reservations, it’s not possible to reserve their tools
- [LEND-845] – Confirm that email is sent to organization and customer when: 1) user requests reservation ; 2) admin approves reservation 3) admin rejects reservation
- [LEND-919] – Page to edit the various email templates (Admin -> Settings -> Email Templates)
- Libraries vs. Shops
- [LEND-874] – Setup/implement a new MessageSource that can give different message values for stores and libraries
- [LEND-857] – Replace occurrences of “member” or “library” with a placeholder
- [LEND-876] – Support both *.localtools.org and *.myturn.com URLs – and use the right kind based on the organization
- [LEND-904] – Depending on URL for “pick a store”, only show the orgs of that type (library vs not-library)
- Beter Address Support
- [LEND-884] – Redo some of the country logic
- Better address support will be used to support location based searches in the near future.